Tuesday, June 2, 2009

First Breath After a Coma

Yup the title to my post is once again the  name of a song by Explosions in the Sky. A ridiculously amazing band who is underrated and almost underground but by far the best intstrumental band of all time. I strongly suggest that all who read this go and listen to them. I would consult with Steve or Planetx_123 first to see if the good songs but here is a selection of my favorite songs by them. They play long songs but this adds to the feeling or the mood that it brings to you when you read it.  ok so here they are:

1. Time Stops
2. The Birth and Death of a Day
3. So Long, Lonesome
4. Yasmin the Light
5. Remeber Me as a Time of Day
6. 6 Days at the Bottom of the Ocean.... and last but not least (kinda is though (for the best though)lol)
7. First Breath After Coma

ok so check those songs out and comment back on which is your favorite. a good site thats free and has every song pretty much ever made is imeem.com. 

ok so about life now. i havent really been doing much which is a good indicator as to why i havent posted much. schools is of course school so you guys know how fun that is lol actually i enjoy school most of the times but this time of year when finals are hovering over, it gets tiring and intense. ok quick story that happend today:

I was sleeping in 2nd period because we were watching this REALLY boring movie about the Mayan religion called EL Popo Vuh or something like that (not 'hating' on the religion just the movie) and I didnt sleep til about 11:30 or 12 nd about 4 the previous night so i was ti-erd. ok so im half asleep, you know that feeling you get when youre asleep but you can sense the things around you and they kinda enter into your dreams and the slightest thing can wake you up, well yea thats how i was and guess what woke me up. a tennis ball to the face. my teacher had supposedly grabbed a tennis ball from his desk and spear-chucked it at me and it clocked me right in the temple. yea next thing that happened is me waking up and then 10 seconds later the bell rang. 5 other kids were sleeping too. way to be a fair teacher Mr. L lol

well tonight I went to a varsity dinner for my school and it was PACKED. I had tickets 132-135 and my friend was 190 so there was probably over 200 people stuffed in this little dining hall. it was fun though. we were joking the whole time and got called out by the district sports guy. who knew tennis was such a rowdy sport. i felt bad so i stayed quite for a majority of the night (it was hard though). anyway it was a pretty normal night except for the fact that i unexpectdly got the MVP for the team. i mean im the #1 singles but still i really didnt think id get it. the team was like "yea just start walking up for the trophy" and then id say "hold on guys you never know", but it was me so it was a happy night. my parents were very proud of me too but then my dad started talking about leadership and stepping up my game so I kinda didnt want to listen even though i did. he has good points but i just wanted to talk with my friends lol o yea also one of the guys on the team who is pretty cute sat next to me and throughout the whole night is like playing with me and im like wtf? like he was using me as a backrest and using my knee for his elbow to rest on and im just thinking, ok... i begin to brush him off and then he puts his arm around me as a joke and bean-dips me and then slaps my thigh but he was sooooo close to hitting my doodle. he knew it too and had this weird look on his face. i then have my hand on the pamphlet and he and puts his right on top pf mine and says "look were holding hands" so i say "not really" and then he grabs my hand and we hold hads for like 2 seconds till i pull away. he has a girlfriend for pete's sake. so that was a little weird just cuz all these straight (or so i think so) guys are doing things to me. I mean of course i like guys but idk theres just things going on that make it odd for me or for other guys  to be touching. 

anyway so for the name of my post to go into effect. i was really down for a while and in a very 'coma'  like state but lately i have been feeling great, dreaming again, and just loving life. yes the things in my life have been going on but by talking to people and really voicing how i feel,i have made major progress. im on cloud 9 right now and i want to thank all for listening to how i feel and what im going through and of course giving help back- so thanks. well the winner for the closer is the following... c ya later, pyce love and hugs. 



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job on making MVP!

Planetx_123 said...

Congrats on the MVP! And I'm sorry but for someone who is 'straight' to be doing all those things seems like he might not be 100% straight... but alas how to find out for sure-- tricky :-)

I'm always glad when people are enjoying life. I totally agree on your song selections, and I would only add "The Moon is Down" and "Have you passed through this night"... but at this point we've named 3/4s of their songs!

None the less-- very awesome.

Much Love,

Steve

Pilgrim said...

Congrats on the MVP from me too! You are a great guy! :-) Sorry to say, but I´ve never heard of this group, let alone that it seems an instrumental thing, and as far as that I rather listen to classical music. :-)*hugs* Propz Pilgrim

Pilgrim said...

Btw., good morning! :-)

Anonymous said...

A tennis ball!? Haha! I had a teacher chuck chalk at me once, but that was for talking too much and being too sassy in class.

AJ said...

Grats DUDE I wanna play u in tennis, It would be fun lol, maybe U can get the cute boy to play with u and play against Josh and I hehe. peace
AJ

Ray's Blog said...

RJ,

May god bless and heal you of your tragic accident. I pray that you recover and are able to continue to reach out to those friends that you have done so for some time. You have touched a lot of lives whether you know it or not.

I would also like to pray for your family and for your friends; so that they are relieved from the grief and sorrow they are feeling.

God, I ask that you intervene into the repair that the Doctors must do to make Ryan whole again, and that you bless him, that he may contiue to share with those friends that he has made here on the Internet.

May your love radian to all those who need it. In Jesus Christ's name we pray. Amen.

Planetx_123 said...

AJ said you got in a car accident!?!?! I hope everything is well considering the circumstances, and that you have a quick recovery! You are definitely in my thoughts!

Much Love,
Steve

Seth said...

My thoughts and prayers for you, RJ. Everyone in Blog Land cares and sends their best wishes for you.

Anonymous said...

Hope you are recovering quickly!

You should check out another amazing instrumental band called This Will Destroy You