Monday, April 13, 2009

Salsa n Swinging over the TZ bridge

I had the date! haha it was tons of fun. but before the date even happened we were just chillin at my rides house (lets call him Kellen). so im watching spongebob with his sister and my friend (lets call him Chad) who we were trippling with and my date (lets call her Maddy) until my ride  got done talking to his dad (dun dun dun lol) but then he came down so we all went into the car to head over to westchester. I got shotgun! haha so on the way over we were bumping iron & wine (great band!) and jason mraz n other people like that. it was great. we also played the alphabet game. its were you look at signs trying to find words beginning with that letters from a-z. (verrrry fun at times lol) i ehem won ehem ehem lol but it was all in good fun

so we head over the Tappan Zee bridge and got to Kellen's gf's house (lets call her Melina) and her and Chad's date (lets call her Kate) were watching the deleted scenes of Slumdog (again very good movie) so we turned that off lol and started watching tv and then the girls went intot the kitchen to 'talk' and when they came back they had a box of cookies and brownies and a specific card for each of us. it was sweet. me n my date have a lot of inside jokes so she quoted me n then said what she liked about me n then ended it with a scripture. its something i'll def have for a while. so after that we teamed up with out dates and played a game of scategories! me n my date did ok but didnt win. maybe next time! so then we had to go to the dance studio to learn some new dance moves! lol

so on our way guys went in one car n girls in the other. we bumped more iron & wine. for those who listen to them know the irony in that sentnce lol we got to the studio and saw all these old (40+) people dancing like they came out of the womb doing the chacha lol it felt like that scene in take the lead were they see all those great dancers lol so we wait for 5 minutes and then begin

so we start off with the salsa and we learn the step pretty well. got some good tips from our instructor. me n maddy were a pretty good pair i must say lol we had good chemistry. alright so ofcourse i get chosen to be a participant for a demonstration. not a good idea lol so i didnt break my legs but i banged my knees up. so the instructor is infront of me and grabs my hands and tells me to stay still. so he starts to moves back and i keep my feet planted firm... and fall straight on the floor lol.... turns out he wanted me to step when it felt right so he could show balance. nice job picking me lol

so after the salsa we did the swing. thats too complicated lol i got it at the end but it took a while. boy is dancing more fun than i thought. def going back sometime in the future n i encourage all who read to take a partner n take some classes! 

sorry this blog was long but i had a fun day. in the next post i shall explain why i chose chips-n-fiascos as my name. ooo how intersting lol. well ill see yall latuh. pyce. 

No comments: